- Begin the process by placing a pan at medium heat, pour the olive oil and allow it to heat, throw in the chopped onion and garlic and lightly fry until golden.
- Add the soya mince and the chunks of the vegan chorizo and lightly fry with the onions and garlic, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mince into a powerful food processor and pulse until the ingredients are completely mushed together, pour this mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and hemp protein – combine the ingredients together using your hands (at this point you may want to add more or less flour depending on the texture of the burgers, you don’t want it to mushy – also adjust seasoning if needed).
- To make my burgers I used a burger press, but if you don’t own one, you can simply shape them into a burger by rolling them into a ball and squashing them into a burger patty.
- Now that the burger patties are formed, placed them in a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add some Bute Island Mature Cheddar Slices, avocado slices, fried onions and beetroot strips (you can play around with toppings).