Cherry Tomato Tartlets - VEGAN
27th May 2019 | Dairy Kompany
Cherry Tomato Tartlets
Let's get cooking
Preparation Time 30 minutes | Cooking Time 45 minutes | Pre-heat 200°C | Serves 6
These little tartlets are made with a vegan cheese that has all the flavour of regular cheese without the dairy! If I did not mention it, you would not know! Colourful baby heritage or heirloom tomatoes are perfect for this recipe.
- 200g plain flour
- 100g non dairy margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 75g Garlic and Herb Creamy Sheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large red onions – halved and finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled crushed
- 50g Garlic and Chive Cheddar Style Sheese– grated
- 50g Creamy Sheese Original
- 300g cherry tomatoes halved (use a variety of colours, if you like)
- Pinch of salt
To garnish, some sprigs of fresh thyme
- To make the pastry, place the flour, margarine, salt, Garlic and Herb Creamy Sheese into the food processor. Whizz together until it forms a ball.
- Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to the thickness of a 20p coin then use to line 9cm loose based tartlet tins.
- Trim the edges, cover with foil and insert baking beans.
- Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the onions and a good pinch of salt.
- Fry very gently for 15 minutes or until soft and golden. Add the garlic and cook for another couple of minutes then mix in the Garlic and Chive Cheddar Style Sheese and Creamy Sheese Original. Season to taste.
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/400 F/ gas mark 6.
- Bake the tart bases for 20 minutes. Remove foil and baking beans.
- Spread the cheesy onions over the base of the tart. Sit the tomatoes on top in a single layer, cut-side up, and season.
- Put the tart back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and the tomatoes are slightly golden.
- Serve just warm with a sprinkling of fresh thyme leaves.
You will need
THESE SHEESE PRODUCTS
Show all news