Cheddar and Mortadella Puff Pastry Slice – Vegan
- Prep. time 10-15 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
A crispy, flaky puff pastry vegan recipe suitable for all vegans, vegetarians and those with special dietary needs. Our Cheddar & Mortadella puff pastry slices are guaranteed to please and use some of our more popular Sheese products for that tasty, guilt free pleasure our vegan recipes offer!
- 1 200g packet of Mature Cheddar Style Sheese Slices
- 425g puff pastry (block or sheet)
- 180g vegan sausage, Mortadella style
- 2 red onions
- 10-15 tablespoons Passata
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Finely slice the onions
- Slice the Mortadella
- Roll out the pastry on a floured work surface into a rectangle shape
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place the pastry onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- With a spoon, spread the passata evenly across the pastry leaving a ¾ inch gap at the edges so they rise.
- Sprinkle the sliced onion and mortadella slices over the passata and place on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven, top evenly with the sheese slices and return to the oven for 5 more minutes until the sheese has melted.
- Remove from oven garnish with a few basil leaves and serve hot with salad.
01423 772 298 | SALES@DAIRYKO.CO.UK