Guinness Chocolate Puddings
Preparation and cooking time
- Prep:25 mins
- Cook:18 mins
- plus 1 hr chilling
- Serves 4
Bake our indulgently boozy chocolate puddings with just five ingredients. Perfect for a dinner party if you’re celebrating on St Patrick’s Day – or at any time of year
- 150g unsalted butter , plus extra for the ramekins
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), roughly chopped
- 90g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 90ml Guinness or other stout
- clotted cream or thick double cream, to serve (optional)
How To Cook
- Butter four 9 x 5cm ramekins and set aside. Tip the butter, chocolate and a generous pinch of salt into a heatproof bowl. Set over a small pan of just-simmering water and stir until melted, then remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk until pale, almost doubled in volume and thick enough to leave a trail when the beaters are lifted up. Gently fold in the melted chocolate and the Guinness. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins, then chill in the fridge for 1 hr. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put a baking tray on the top shelf to heat up.
- Place the ramekins on the hot baking tray and bake for 18 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for a minute, then serve with a dollop of cream, if you like.
01423 772 298 | SALES@DAIRYKO.CO.UK